I recently had to keep retesting an installer, part of it’s actions were to install a print driver, but to be able to keep testing, I had to remove the driver from the computer, not just the printer. So, here’s how it’s done, in case someone else needs to do this.
- Find your driver name. (ex.“Brother MFC-J6520DW Printer”)
- In “Devices and Printers” remove all printers using the driver from step 1
- Open Regedit.
- Navigate to (on 32 bit(x86) computers) “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86\Drivers\Version-3”
- Or (on 64 bit(x64) computers) “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows x64\Drivers\Version-3”
- And then remove the folder that matches the printer driver name.
- Open Services, and restart the print spooler service